Friday, January 22, 2010

The Back Button

Periodically, when I first access blogger.com, I get a rejection message that basically says another attempt was made to 'edit' this blog at the same time I was logging in. The prompt says to hit the back button, which I do, and that act always remedies the issue.

As with many of my postings, it is some small, minute 'happening' such as this incidence, that creates instant fuel for the day's posting content. Today is no exception.

Don't you wish that life came with 'back' and 'forward' buttons that we could push to erase conversations, actions, or decisions from our past, or to have 'do-overs' that could remedy or rectify unfortunate and uncomfortable situations that we played a part in?

If only it were that easy.

Once words are spoken or deeds are done, it the real-life version of pushing 'send' on a computer's keyboard. The words and deeds cannot be retrieved. They remain in space and in others' memories with a life of their own that lives on and on. A word said will never be dead. The same tongue can utter words that will heal or hurt.

Heavy stuff, isn't it?

I wonder if Staples sells a 'do-over' button?

Ancora imparo