Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Reconnecting

Friendship is a precious commodity. I've always realized this, but as my chronological age increases, so does my awareness of the special nature of friendship.

Friends, real friends, are proven through the test of time. You can tell a real friend by the ease of conversation into which you lapse, regardless of the amount of time since you have seen the person. Friends can come into your life in a relatively quick period of time and become easy friends or they can represent friendships that have stood the test of time.

The value of a friend (or friends) is enormous, and perhaps, incalculable. As the television commercial says so succinctly, priceless. Friends can be found in different places, cities, settings, and groups. Friends are those who you can laugh with, cry with, rejoice with and rant with. Friends care not which aforementioned state-of-mind category you are in.......they accept you as you are and where you are. Friends come as singles and as couples.

No matter the age, stage, or number, a friend is.....well, a friend. I cannot imagine my life without my friends - our friends. Wherever you are, whatever your age, whatever your mood, whatever your political inclination........I thank you for enriching my life. I only hope I can return the favor.

Ancora imparo