Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cerebral Connections

Have you ever felt as if the wiring in your brain has gone haywire? Or, to put it another way, have you ever felt as if your mental spark plugs need replacing?

I'm feeling that way dealing with all of the passwords and user names that I must retrieve in a single day. To be internet safe, I maintain differing passwords and user names for every 'thing' on the internet. I know people who use the same password and user name for every 'thing' but I do believe that leaves a person more vulnerable to internet frustrations and outright disasters. However, keeping all of that information straight in my head is becoming a greater challenge as the years go by. As I use more and more sites and must come up with more and more passwords and user names, I just add to the internal 'phone' book I must maintain.

I know that there are products, on the market, that purport to improve mental acuity and even capacity. Ginko giloba is supposed to be one of those products. No way will I begin putting something into my body that I can hardly spell or pronounce. I like to ingest products that have alphabetical letters in the names, such as Vitamin C, D or B. Nothing exotic, thank you very much.

I think my brain is big enough, but it seems to be becoming more disorganized at a time in my life when I need even more mental organization and compartmentalization. I fear that at some point I'll be found, seated in a corner somewhere, drooling and mumbling every password and user name I've ever selected, only they'll all be mixed up. No phisher will ever be a threat to me then because I'll never remember the combinations that I dreamed up.

Now what are the words that I sign off with each time, after blogging?

It's beginning, isn't it?

Ancora imparo