Monday, July 19, 2010

Fog Density

We awoke to very dense fog. Looking out the cabin door of our Aqua RV, the view was, well, white like snow. It looked as if the white aft curtain was on, which it was not. The shoreline, which is not very far away, was not visible. Venturing up to the deck area, we could instantly feel the effects of the fog. Our skin felt as if it was being pelted by millions of tiny water droplets at once, even though it was not raining. Such a curious sensation on the skin.

The fog rather matched the process in my brain.......dense white and nothing else. It was as if my mind had decided since there was little to see then there was little to contemplate.......like a blank whiteboard in a classroom.

This, then, gave me the freedom to conjure up any scenario, I wanted, in my brain. And it went to work. Just like the millions of tiny water droplets hydrating my skin, my mind began firing dozens of ideas and thoughts at once. If I would have had a whiteboard in front of me, I could have drained an entire box of whiteboard markers.

But, the brain frenzy was just like a fish-feeding frenzy, when the fish bite like mad for a bit, then suddenly stop and the catching is over as quickly as it began.
As the fog lifted, my brain slowed down, seemingly to a dangerously slow speed, rather like very low blood pressure.

The fog is still present and my mind is back to white, which is just what the television screen looks like in front of me. I guess that the cable service didn't like the fog, either.

Time for yoga. I need to clear my head.