Sunday, July 11, 2010

Early Coffee

Many of my loved ones are asleep in this hotel. The Three Muskateers and their parents are in one room and my SO is still sound asleep in a wonderful king-sized bed, although perhaps disturbed somewhat since I moved about in order to 'sneak' out of the room.

Here I sit, coffee at the ready, having found stolen moments to type away on a strange keyboard, the touch of which is totally foreign to my fingertips. Most of my family is in the midst of one of our famous whirlwind trips to here and there. We have traveled long hours to rendezvouz for a family wedding in another state. The Three Muskateers and their parents survived an eight-plus hour long car ride, which is no small feat for very young children. For my SO and I, it is only a five-plus hour trip, depending on large-city traffic and the consumption amount of liquids, which can easily elongate the trip by forty-five to sixty minutes. Furthermore, we find, as we 'age', (I really dislike that word.) we simply need more minutes per stop to stretch our bodies' muscles, which become miserable much more quickly than in previous, younger years.

When we all depart this morning, we will begin yet another leg of this car-ride journey, with the next rendezvous being in thirty-six hours, when we will all play together for five precious days. We pray for fine weather, since we will be depending on the elements to cooperate as we live outside in tents and the aqua RV. Parents and grandparents have been preparing for this vacation for days as we've carefully considered just how many people and how much stuff we can stuff into our vehicles and on the aqua RV. Can there really be too many chocolate chip cookies?

As this saga unfolds, I'll be journaling about our escapades in my postings, which will hopefully continue on a daily basis.

This posting must end, as I promised my SO a cup of steaming, fresh coffee in return for being disturbed before the sun has risen.

Ancora imparo