Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hard To Please

My family teases me frequently about being 'high maintenance'. I do not look upon my many quirks as qualifying me to be 'high maintenance', rather and simply, I have preferences. Who doesn't?

So I prefer to eat certain foods one at a time, instead of having a forkful of three different foods? So I prefer my Manhassett music stands to be tightened up and not flip-flopping about?
So I prefer to wipe out all the sinks and leave them sparkling while I'm on vacation? So I prefer to park faaaaar away from other cars in a parking lot? So I prefer to mix up baked goods batter by hand and not use my big, Kitchen Aid mixer? (Well, that one is a little hard to explain. I should use it more.) I could go on and on with this list but it would only serve to prove that the writer of this blog is a little on the particular side.

Every person has their own preferred way to do everything, using preferred products and preferred methods. Being particular doesn't mean one is hard to please......at least not in my book.

We should celebrate our differences and learn different ways to do things from each other. Why, we all might have a trick or two to teach each other.

After all, I'm still learning. How 'bout you?

Ancora imparo