Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Re-Arranged

Recently, a friend and I were discussing the re-arrangements of our physical plants, i.e. our bodies. She said that it seemed she went to sleep one night and when she awoke the next morning, quite a few parts of her body seemed to be either in different places or shaped differently. I told her I could totally identify with that feeling and we had a good laugh between ourselves.

Since that conversation, I have been ultra aware of the constant re-arrangement of my body. It is as if the same plates below the earth's surface that create earthquakes are at work under my skin. Forget symmetry. Each side is working overtime to become different from the other side. Some wintry morning I expect to awaken to find that my entire right side has shifted to my left side and vice versa. I remember a John Travolta movie in which his character and another surgically traded faces and the ensuing chaos and angst that was created. I'm quite certain that is what is transpiring within me, except that I am not being paid the big bucks that John Travolta was given to enact this plot line.

My re-arrangement is being exacerbated by my rapidly-developing skin wrinkles that are enveloping my body, obfuscating the continuing realignment that is transpiring. I have to look really carefully to see if my 'new' look is from internal re-arrangement or wrinkle growth, neither of which are desirable. My body topography is in a constant of morphism.

Now that I've been away from a mirror for a short while I must stop blogging and return to the mirror to see what changes have occurred. The optimist in me is hoping for a time-lapse make-over. I'm mentally envisioning three new looks that I hope my body will eventually morph into, each look being four to five inches taller than I presently am, and ten years younger.

A girl can dream, can't she?

Ancora imparo