Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Things I Learn

So, you can teach an old dog a new trick or two!

After all these years, not I might add, leading a particularly sheltered life, I learned about jello shots last night. How I ever got to this age and never heard of this alcoholic treat is beyond me but that is the way it is.

Who knew that jello, the beloved treat of children and adults everywhere, could be turned into head-back, neck-tipping concoctions poured into everything from shot glasses to bathroom-sized paper cups. Why, I learned that people actually go to food-type warehouse stores and buy those small, styrofoam cups that come with lids, in packages of two hundred. Now that is a lot of jello shots!

Once I heard about this beverage-hiding-in-flavored-gelatin phenomenon, I went to an online search engine and discovered hundreds of hits. You can find recipe after recipe, along with videos that demonstrate how to make them. One enterprising website has gone so far as to list what liquors go the best with each jello flavor. There are pictures galore showcasing the rainbow of colors that can be achieved with jello shots.

Who knew?

I'll most definitely sleep better now.

Ancora imparo