Monday, March 1, 2010

Scattered Thoughts

Today my brain's functioning reminds me of the scattered approach that NBC had to the coverage of the Olympics. I really enjoyed watching the Olympics, from time to time depending on the sport, but the shotgun approach selected in the control room only served to motivate me to channel surf at every opportunity. Constantly switching from sporting venue to sporting venue reminded me of what it would be like to be inside the brain of the brilliant Robin Williams on steroids.

I tried to bring my brain waves into some kind of focus, attempting to weed out the ancillary paths and divine those thoughts that would actually lead to some accomplishments this day. As this posting is being composed, this goal seems unlikely because my thoughts feel like a thousand hot air (pun intended) balloons that were just accidentally untethered with no operators in the gondolas. I'm banking on caffeinated coffee and, if that is ineffective, then a good pounding on the treadmill ought to help a little.

So where is my head?

Well, it is the first day of March and that feels really good. Daylight hours are increasing - although the government will soon take care of that, winter-weather days are truly numbered now, warmer temperatures may eliminate most of the accumulated snow in my neighborhood by the end of this week, and I should be able to walk outside soon without concern for 'black ice' spots.

That is where my 'head' is. My heart is in two places. TLV got a finger caught in the hinge side of a door yesterday and will, hopefully, see a hand surgeon today. My granny-instincts would like to have a hands-on experience but, fortunately his OG (other granny) can be with him today and he will be in the hands of many people who love him and will take good care of him. OG will be his granny-angel and I am thankful for that.

Another person, with whom I am very close, is experiencing heart-achingly difficult times right now and my ingrained instinct is to want to fix 'everything' but that is not possible, nor would it be in anyone's best interest. Watching someone you love experience pain, whether it be TLV's physical pain or my loved-one's pain of the heart, is gut-wrenchingly hard.

This is where prayer and the treadmill come in. Praying whilst pounding. Sounds like the best combination to me for now. If it brings any clarity of contemplation, you'll be the first to know.

Ancora imparo