Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Automotive Ailments

My car used to be healthy. It has always received regular checkups and preventive maintenance. I care about my vehicles and take pride in keeping them in good health. My theory is that if I take care of my car, it will take care of me.

Recently my 'baby' began displaying signs of stress and poor health. Concerned, I immediately contacted my car's health-care provider. To my shock and dismay, I discovered that her coverage and primary health-care provider had changed. The new provider is located in a remote, hard-to-reach area and does not speak English, which made communication difficult, if not impossible. I maintained a patient, pleasant countenance while 'baby' had her physical exam. Everyone smiled and bowed a lot, in an effort to demonstrate capability and skill. A prognosis along with prescriptive parts were recommended, and 'baby' was sent home with her new parts.

Shortly after her visit she developed a severe allergic reaction and she appeared to be in critical condition. I took her to an emergency car-care provider and I was shocked to hear the diagnosis: Lead poisoning and sawdust in her gas tank.

Needless to say, I am very unhappy with her new health-care provider. It is apparent to me that quality parts and skilled care are not commonplace with the new provider. I think, perhaps, that they should stick with egg rolls and moo goo gai pan.

Ancora imparo