Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My I-Pod and I

Today's walk was an I-Pod walk and it was glorious.....simply glorious. The weather was perfect and some of my favorite tunes came up right away on shuffle. The tunes that are my walking faves are the ones that have a strong back beat, about one hundred and twenty to one-hundred thirty-six beats per minute. When one of these tunes comes on, I will often repeat it many times. A smile comes to my face and my feet pound the pavement in sync with the rhythm of the music. My taste of music has less to do with the decade or genre than with the beat. If you checked out my I-tunes play list, you'd find hits and obscure pieces from the last fifty years of music right up to present.

Since I was enjoying my play list so much, I thought it would be fun to blog with the music playing in the background. Perhaps, I reasoned, inspiration would come with each tune. As it turns out, I was right......to a point.

Here are some of the inspirations I had:

Carrie Underwood inspired me to run away from the handsome dude leaning up against the record machine or slash a hole in all four tires of his pretty little SUV. Cold Play made me think about when I thought I was on top of the tire-heap world. Clash took me to the Casbah. FFH told me I could fly and Kenny Loggins took me back to the shack. Stevie Wonder convinced me I could see joy through my tears but Aretha Franklin asked me who was zoomin' who (or should it have been whom?).

Anyway, I kept trying to type to the beat, which is one of my favorite ways to type but it doesn't foster accuracy. It was great fun.....just not productive for blogging purposes. After a few minutes I could see that my fun was outweighing any thread of a thought process that might be forthcoming and I abandoned the idea to blog while listening to my I-tunes.

It was fun while it lasted.

Ancora imparo