Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Last Laugh

Just yesterday, a friend stopped me to talk as I was out running errands. We chatted with ease for quite a few minutes. She maintains a blog and periodically makes postings to it. Her blog is much different than this one, with her postings being far lengthier than those of Ancora imparo. She has been writing for a very long time and so I suppose she simply has more to 'say'. Toward the end of our conversation she mentioned, in passing, that she thought I would enjoy 'blogging' and I was able to tell her about Ancora imparo. She shared tips with me and asked many questions, among them, "How do you select your posting titles?"

Today's posting title, "The Last Laugh", was easy because I wanted to write about Mother Nature and all of us optimistic folk that think that winter is over and spring is officially - in a non-official way - here. True, I took my early morning walk without a coat and I saw many joggers on the bike path without coats or jackets as well. There were even a couple of joggers sporting shorts. I drove past a house where people were bringing out their patio furniture to the deck and I decided that the bed has one too many blankets on it now. For a time, this afternoon, the sun was brilliantly blazing away in the sky although now the rain clouds have moved back in to produce a decidedly overcast and dull appearance to the sky.

We are all being fooled into thinking that snow will not make another appearance but, typically, Mother Nature does have other ideas in this region at this time of year. I'm not ready to trade out my winter clothes for spring and summer wear, although I will enjoy keeping the front door open and letting in more natural light. For now, I'll just enjoy seeing the snow banks melt away, diminishing almost by the hour.

Little by little, bit by bit, winter is slipping away but never underestimate Mother Nature. She always has 'the last laugh'.

Ancora imparo