Monday, March 29, 2010

Big Mistake

We have to keep this posting between us.

I cannot let my SO know that I have been working in my office and watching "The View's Second Annual 'Mutt' Dog Show". Some of the mutts were viewer-owned and all had adorable stories behind their adoptions. My favorite was the dog named 'Maxwell Fartington'. As his owner shared, when he adopted Maxwell about ten years ago, Maxwell had a flatulence problem - which thankfully has been corrected.

Then came the mutts that produce sniffles - human sniffles that is - pooches that are available for adoption. Most of these dogs came to the New York City area from other states and many of these dogs were scheduled to be euthanized but were plucked from their fates by rescue groups whose mission is to give dogs a second chance by moving them to "no-kill" shelters. The dogs were all shapes, sizes, colors, and a variety of ages.

Continuing with the theme of the "Mutt Show", a spokesperson from a national dog show was there as the "MC" and pronounced a first place dog from each category - viewer-owned mutts and dogs available for adoption. At the show's conclusion, a "Best-In-Show" mutt was named and it was a very young dog, a shepherd-chow mix, who was crowned the 'winner'. By winning "Best-In-Show", the dog gets a lifetime supply of Pedigree-brand dog food, which should give it a much higher chance for adoption.

As any regular reader of this blog knows, I love dogs and really miss having one.
Becoming 'dogless' left a little hole in my heart that hasn't mended yet. Watching this 'mutt' show was hard to do but I am thankful that there are canine angels out there, watching out for our four-legged friends and companions. And so, I couldn't 'not watch' today.

Just be sure to keep this between you and I.

Ancora imparo