Saturday, March 27, 2010

Will Wonders Never Cease?

Some of my personal fog lifted yesterday. To be sure, I have plenty of fog left in which to navigate but at least several layers are gone.

My exit from the teaching field suddenly took on some meaning yesterday. This only took four years, but, who's counting anyway?

I made the decision to renew my teaching certification one more time before I put myself out to pasture, somewhere amidst the deer and the antelope playing. I've known for several years that I would take this step and took the initiative to earn enough graduate credits to enable my re-certification to take place. Two months ago I learned what administrative steps would be required, got the proper instructional paperwork, heard the instructions, then waited so long that I forgot all of the verbal instructions! Going online yesterday was an exploratory journey that was mostly successful......until about half way through the process and, voila, I was stuck. A phone call to a bureaucrat brought surprisingly quick and friendly help and soon my task was completed - painlessly.

I also learned, yesterday, that somewhere within the next twelve months, I may be eligible to enroll in a retirement-group health insurance plan, as well as my SO. If this comes to pass, this would be an answer to prayer.....an answer that will cause me to pinch myself to see if it is 'real'.

Lastly, on a very serious note, I learned how to chat on Facebook last night. This may be the single most personally influential thing I've accomplished in some time. I am now fluent in 'Facebook-ese', a talent for which I will be eternally grateful.

And, to think, all I had to do was hit 'enter'! Will wonders never cease?

Ancora imparo