Sunday, December 6, 2009

Can Someone Explain Why.....

Since I am in my self-proclaimed Holly Daze, I am somewhat dazed and confused and the thoughts coming from my head will reflect as such. Hence, I am sending the following questions into The Great Unknown that have been brewing in my cerebral petri dish:

Question Number One: Can someone explain to me why God created earwigs?
Question Number Two: Can someone explain to me why God created sinus cavities?

I became curious about earwigs and went to that great font of information - Wikipedia. (After all, if Wikipedia says 'it's so', then it must be so. ) Earwigs, also called pincerbugs, make up the insect order Dermaptera. Well, there we have it, except that I still do not 'get' their purpose on this earth. Other than providing themselves as food for other species higher on the food chain, there can be no earthly explanation for their presence. And, it is exactly their presence that I detest. These bugs, whoops - insects, lurk everywhere, usually in large groups. If you find one, that often indicates an entire extended family hiding somewhere nearby. The mailbox is my least favorite place to find them. If there could be such as thing as 'insect profiling', the earwig would be at the top of my list to send somewhere, anywhere other than here.

Next, let's examine my question about sinus cavities. Naturally, I went back to Wikipedia for all information accurate and official and discovered there is a product called Sinuswars, which is an apt description for the battle that develops between a human and the sinus cavities. The Sinus-Cavity War is much like the war in Afghanistan - it has been present since the beginning of mankind, will never end in spite of outside intervention, and is not possible to win. I do understand that there is supposed to be a physiological purpose for the existence of the four, paired sinus cavities but that purpose seems often to be in conflict with the pain and misery that is created when the cavities malfunction, which is frequently and usually severely. I do not forsee any relief on the horizon regarding this pressing life-question.

Thank you for allowing me to share the two elephants presently in my cerebral petri dish. As readers of this blog know, there are always many elephant species sleeping in the wings of my mind, waiting for an invitation to come front and center.

I hear the trumpet sound.....................

Ancora imparo