Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tough Stuff

This was a week filled with difficult decisions and actions. No, nothing life-threatening, but difficult, none the less.

Why is it human nature to postpone or avoid making decisions when you know the choice you make will not be a popular one?

Why does it seem to be MY nature to avoid having conversations with people that I am either not comfortable with or with whom I know will be uncomfortable with ME because of my decision?

Why did I choose to attend a six-plus hour workshop that I knew would have an inevitable outcome of zero initiatives? Lots of pontificating but no substantive conclusions. Why did I go?

I need to examine why I attended that workshop or take part in other activities/meetings/dinners. I am a glutton for punishment, am I not? I cannot say with any assuredness that my presence helped anyone see a view differently or brought anyone to or towards my view.

Ah, life questions.

Ancora imparo about me!