Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Little Things Mean A Lot

The cardinals were active at my neighbor's bird feeders today. The brilliance of the males' coloration was highlighted against the white, falling snow. I was able to take a few moments to sit and appreciate the natural beauty that I was witnessing.

God does know when we humans need a little reminder of His world, doesn't he? I had been wrapped up in efficiency efforts, working at a multitude of tasks to make myself feel important. Instead, God sat me down and introduced me to His feathered friends, resplendent in their crimson, blithely flitting here and there, taking turns eating.....right before my jaded, world-weary, cynical eyes.

Later in the day, I received a little email, recounting mundane details of the lives of people I hold very close to my heart, that brought a big smile to my face. The smile returns every time I think of the text. A small bit of matter in this large,swirling world.

Makes me smile...................................