Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Cleansing Breath

In the 'old' days, child-birthing classes spoke about, taught and practiced the 'cleansing breath'. Over the years, that cleansing breath has come in handy, perhaps thousands of times, to calm the jitters over a myriad of experiences.

Today, as I took a deep breath and recognized it for what it was...........a cleansing breath, I looked back at what necessitated a cleansing breath. I've decided to share "cleansing-breath-necessitated-situations" in my blog. Forgive me for my self-indulgence.

Tight shoulders, neck, and upper body
Tension created by a personal interaction gone wrong or about to go wrong
Tension created by a classroom full of students who need an attitude adjustment
My need for a personal attitude adjustment
A stressful encounter with a peer or supervisor
My need to enter a 'zen' state
My need to conquer fear about a known or unknown entity or situation
My need to calm my over-excited inner self
Preparing for the end of the day
Preparing for a performance

So, as I take another cleansing breath, I encourage others to do the same.

Ancora imparo