Friday, January 2, 2009

OK, I Admit It!

I'll state my weaknesses right up front:
I save too many boxes AND I have too many plastic food storage containers.

What is it in my brain that sends the signal "Oh, just one more."? Is it a DNA marker? Hereditarily transmitted?

I just finished working in my storage closet, rearranging boxes, stacking boxes, and, yes, even throwing boxes out. Still, there are too many boxes but do you think that I was able to bring myself to rid the room of more? No! My love affair with corregated cardboard has to stop!

Then there are the plastic food storage containers.

Some of them are grocery-store cheapies that are meant to be thrown away but am I able to make the leap from my hand to the trash? No, not me. Other containers are of the discount-store variety - slightly higher quality - I say in defense of my fetish. Yet others are very expensive - from a home-decor national chain now bankrupt. I am surprised that gullible shoppers such as myself did not single-handedly keep the chain financially afloat.

Thusly, today, I had to make a New Year's promise to myself and my storage closet that not one more box or plastic-food-storage container would grace the shelves until two had first left permanently.

I give myself one week and I'll probably be blogging about breaking one of these New Year's resolutions. Help!