Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Note To Self

Note to self:

For years, I've used this term, as have other women I have known. I don't know if it is a phrase 'peculiar' to females, but I don't think I've ever heard a man utter the words.

And, since I am a long-term addict to 3M's Post-It Notes, using the phrase is akin to a mental Post-It adhered to my forehead. The non-verbal equivalent of "don't forget, dummy!"

Then, today, on an early-morning news show, low and behold, comes an advertisement of an upcoming segment about a newly-penned book entitled, what else - Note to Self - as if this was a term that was never heard heretofore. (I love that word, "heretofore".)

So I decided to put to paper a few of my current "notes to self" (there may be other NTS's in future blogs):

I agree with the Oracle of Omaha: When you find yourself in a hole - stop digging!

If it hurts, maybe your body is telling you something.

If I am not part of the solution, then I am part of the problem.

The vacuuming I just did only took fifteen minutes. This does not need to be a "once every blue moon" occurrence!

I can never walk in someone else's shoes, nor they in mine.

Little things do mean a lot.