Wednesday, October 13, 2010

True Bright Spots

Amidst all of the ugliness of this world, I am seeing bright spots.  Besides my family and grandchildren, which are always bright spots......
  • I saw smiles on the faces of my choir members last night and heard their laughter.  Priceless.
  • My SO took us for a long ride in the country today.  The harvest colors are splendiferous.
  • We visited our favorite apple orchard today and came away with fresh apples and we got to eat our allotted ONE apple-cider doughnut for the year.  There is just something magic and glorious about the combination of white flour, processed sugar and grease.
  • I finally moved off square one today and tackled my to-do list that I had been avoiding for too many days.
  • Lastly, I cannot close without mentioning the luminous bright spot shining over the country of Chile right now.  As moments have allowed throughout the day, I have been following the rescue of the trapped miners as they come to the surface, emerging from their virtual entombment for over two months.  Watching their faces as they step out of the capsule, watching the faces of their loved ones, people all over the world have become viral voyeurs as we observe this strange pageant play out thousands of miles away. This is a reminder that, for those who have reached the surface, there is a God - a supreme being - that has been present throughout the ordeal and the rescues that have taken place thus far.
True bright spots.

I am humbled and uplifted.

Ancora imparo