Sunday, October 24, 2010

Primary Colors

I love this 'tween' season.  We are well into autumn but there are enough leaves on the trees to still appreciate the fall color parade of primary colors.  As I have driven about the past few days, including a drive this morning and my walk this afternoon, I've witnessed Mother Nature's artistic side first-hand.  She does have a way with the color palette and her usage of yellows, oranges, reds, and greens is impressive.  Even though, for my geographic area, we are on the back-side of the color parade, there are still enough contrasting hues to weave together a visual quilt of a magnificent nature.  The red maple trees, on my street alone, are enough to evoke 'oohs and ahhs' every time I see them. 

Temperatures this time of year can fluctuate rather wildly and Mother Nature has shown her hand in this area, as well.  Our lone, outdoor flowering plant got some of its leaves bitten by Frost, not the poet, and the leaves continue to fall rapidly from the trees.  Yesterday and today the weather is of a more balmy, gloomy, and damp nature.  I found a 'dry' window of time this afternoon and got out walking in just a sleeveless shirt and capri pants.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring - could be more of the same or back to colder temperatures. 

Whatever she throws at us, this is Mother Nature at her quixotic and quirky best.  She likes to keep the public guessing as well as the local television meteorologists.  There is nothing wrong with that, although my friends with rheumatoid arthritis would prefer to stay with just one type of weather.  Soon enough, we will all be looking at one and only one kind of weather pattern.......white and cold.   

I, for one, am not complaining about this fall season.  It is spectacular to look at and rather pleasant to live in.  I'm not a big fan of white and cold.

Ancora imparo