Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cobwebs Aren't Just For Halloween

It must be the weather, or changing weather patterns, or the change of seasons:  More and more people seem to be befuddled and others are noticing and becoming befuddled about the increasing befuddlement of others.  I can feel, sense and read about this burgeoning befuddlement; indeed, I, myself, can ascertain a certain rise in my personal condition of obtuseness. 

Today's hovering weather pattern of clouded skies and drizzle are combining to produce a gloominess that is hard to overcome with normal activities.  This weather inspires sipping cups of steaming liquid while reading in my favorite chair, not summoning the energy required to plunge further into my project of purging personal junque.  Grey, overcast skies help to feed befuddled brains, not clear them of cobwebs.  Just this week, a Facebook friend commented on the growing state of stupidity among humans and, in today's newspaper, two national columnists write about rising levels of ignorance, apathy, and witlessness.  Consequently, I find I am worrying about the cobwebs collecting in my own cerebrum.  I fear that if an MRI were taken today, there would be a webbed fuzziness covering the screen's pictures and there would be no clarity of image. 

I am now in search of activities, food and thought-processes that will clear the cobwebs from my brain.  I cannot be a cobweb-clearer for the brains of others, I can only concentrate on myself.  This will be a challenge because shopping is not an option - I already own too much stuff and eating food is not an option - I do not need to add to my bottom line, which severely limits my choices.  There is only one solution to my dilema.......

A puppy.

Ancora imparo