Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A New Milestone

This is the six-hundredth post for Ancora imparo.  I knew the posting number was coming up but I had not actually made the connection that this posting is 'it'.  When I began Ancora imparo, my goal was simply to have a goal each day.  I was knee-deep into my post-teaching depression and I was at loose ends, trying to make sense of each day, let alone knowing where and how I fit into the world.  I didn't feel as if I belonged anywhere and simply putting thoughts to a 'page', on a regular basis, helped me disentangle myself from my self-made entanglement.  Somewhere in the process, composing an almost daily posting became a badly needed form of discipline, not only for my sanity but for what I looked at as the preservation of my brain.  I know there are regular readers of  Ancora imparo because I hear from 'you' on a somewhat regular basis.  The content that seeps from my cerebrum, on occasion, hits nerves and funny bones.  It is refreshing and reaffirming to know that somewhere 'out there' are like-minded folk who share my thoughts, dreams, frustrations, passions, quirks, annoyances, and viewpoints.  I also appreciate those who have taken the time to tell me that I have been off-base, 'out there', wacky, and just flat-out incorrect.  Like all humans, my biases and positions do get exposed, no matter how hard I try to filter them out of the postings.  I haven't been asked to apologize, yet, and I hope to never have to say, "I'm sorry."  

Ancora imparo will continue as long as my brain, wrists, and fingers hold out.  I will be truly amazed when, in about one year, it will be nearing its one-thousandth posting.  My trusty Merriam-Webster's 11th Edition, Collegiate Dictionary and my faithful and old thesaurus will remain at my right elbow.  I pray that my inner 'spell-check' holds out, more as a matter of pride than anything else.

As least, in my private and personal time-capsule of life, regular readers will have come to know the real me a little better.

Ancora imparo