Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Observations

My SO just asked me what I was going to do today and I replied, "As little as possible." He shot back, "But it's Labor Day. You know, LABOR day.....you know.... labor implies action." Thusly, I am in the process of creating the illusion of action by blogging.

So far, today, I have gleaned many important bits of information from watching CNN that I thought I'd share with you. Mind you, I do not like CNN but my SO likes the news-feed aspect of the channel and, I must say, the useful tips shared by the various reporters could be life-changing.

The financial advisor told the viewing audience, in a segment about rising credit card fees, that if you only charge, per month, what you can afford to pay off in that month you will avoid paying interest. Really?

Dublin, Georgia has passed an ordinance banning baggy, low-hanging pants. Guess it must be the sagging economy.

The rip tide currents off the coast of Florida are dangerous. Really?

In a video clip, a famous rapper is shown walking through a crowd of admirers, carrying (and partaking of) a large bottle of liquor. This person is known for having difficulty controlling what he says. Really? (For disclaimer purposes, I drew an inference that the bottle actually contains an alcoholic beverage and not water.) I'm really sure it is water.

To all who would read Ancora imparo on this day, labor not-too-hard. This day is to recognize the American labor movement, not to demonstrate the meaning of labor. Take it easy, get together with friends, read a good book, take a walk, hug your dog (or cat, if it will let you), take a nap, or simply sit quietly and meditate on the meaning of life.

In the meantime, I'll do as little as.......I can possibly get away with!

Ancora imparo