Thursday, May 13, 2010

Triple Threat

Oh, I have discovered a triple threat to my sanity: Illiteracy, tiredness, and sore feet. Put those three together and I have a recipe for something to go wrong, which, I might add, already has.

Making brownies tonight (shamefully, from a mix), I was too tired to carefully read the 'added' ingredients and ended up doubling the butter amount. I am supposed to take these brownies to a potluck luncheon tomorrow. so how they turn out will be of the utmost importance. Since I do not have a back-up plan and have no desserts set aside, for emergencies, in the freezer, I have no clue what I will do if this brownie mix is a flop.

Normally I do not 'flop' desserts but tonight my feet were so tired and sore that all I could focus on was the body part(s) that I was standing on. Then, I received a phone call and that was enough to completely remove any ability to concentrate that I had.

I know what I need to do.....learn to read more carefully, get off my feet and get some sleep. That would eliminate the triple threat. I'd best get to concentratin' or I'll next be blogging about a quadruple threat.

May your threats be of a single or non-existent nature.

Ancora imparo