Friday, May 14, 2010

I Can Hardly Wait

Regular readers know that I direct a choir made up entirely of men. This group of singers infuses me with energy and inspiration weekly, giving me much more than I can ever share with them. In two days, as 'we' sing for the last time this season, we will be accompanied by a bagpiper during our rendition of "Amazing Grace". The combination of bagpipes and the hymn, "Amazing Grace" is so symbolic. It represents paying homage to the fallen heroes of our police, fire and rescue personnel in our country. The haunting timbre of the bagpipes will fill the church and , hopefully, the hearts of all in attendance. I know there are a few naysayers, feeling that the bagpipes will be too loud for the sanctuary and I hope that they are able to overcome their prognostication about too much volume and simply enjoy the musical treat.

I can hardly wait. My only disappointment is that I will not have the privilege of hearing the men and piper together from the 'audience' standpoint.

I think it will be just what my soul needs.

Ancora imparo