Monday, May 24, 2010

Is There Such A Thing?

This posting began in my head with the rapid-onset, out-of-the-blue rise of temperatures as Mother Nature declared that, instead of May, it should feel like mid-July.

Whilst the seed of this posting idea was germinating in my head, I stepped outside to retrieve the newspaper. Because I have AADD (according to Click and Clack, the Car Guys) - that is, Adult Attention Deficit Disorder - as I was on my way to fetch the newspaper, I noticed weeds that needed pulling. During my weed-pulling stint, I stepped on something hard, stopped to investigate, and found a PVC drain pipe in the lawn I did not know existed. While I was outside at this early hour, I realized just how hot this day would become, and I thought to myself, "Isn't this just a bit too sudden for summer?" Then the cogitating began.

Is there such a thing as 'too sudden' or is that an oxymoron? If something occurs suddenly, isn't that the end-all of the incident? Just what would be considered 'too sudden'? More rapidly than rapid? More suddenly than sudden? More abruptly than abrupt?

You must realize that this thought-process and succession of events took place in not-much-more than five minutes, which further convinces me that Click and Clack, the Car Guys on Public Radio, are on to something with their acronym of AADD.

It all happened a bit too suddenly.

Ancora imparo