Thursday, May 6, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

I really do feel very guilty about being so happy......with all of the unfortunate circumstances in the world. After all, the European financial mess is sending serious, negative monetary waves across the Atlantic......the man-made oil slick is about to wreak havoc with the Gulf Coast and, perhaps, beyond......our fair state is in a state of disrepair and disrespect.......and wars rage on in foreign countries.

But.......my favorite short people and their parents will be here soon and that makes me very happy and excited. I've looked forward to this visit for some time now. I can't wait to hear TLV and TLV'sLB chatter and laugh and I cannot wait to hear Princess Leia shriek with glee.

The cookies are made, ice cream, Kraft macaroni with cheese, hot dogs, and potato chips are a-waitin' for a birthday bash and Spider Man cupcakes will be a huge hit. I feel like singing, "The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nickolas soon would be there.", because the beds are ready and so are Grandpa and Grandma.

Bring it on. I can't wait and I don't feel guilty any more!

Ancora imparo