Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Where Are MY Updates?

My computer has a good gig going on.  It gets a regular virus scan, a regular malware scan, and, somewhere from "The Cloud", regular updates get deposited into my laptop, like unseen ghosts moving about in the night.  I see a need for this technology to be adapted for humans.

Imagine if all of our homes had a machine that we could step in front of, or step through, that would scan us for viruses and other non-desirable maladies lurking about our physical plants.  The ramifications for weight control would be huge.  The scanner/sensor could have a siren attachment, along with a loud notification of any weight gain beyond .5 pounds.  What a deterrent for eating that last cookie!

Carrying a negative aura about you?  No problem with this scanner/sensor that would be designed to gauge one's grumpiness level.  The machine could be programmed to emit a redish glow whenever someone who got up on the wrong side of the bed either stepped through the contraption or even came close to it.  As of late, my machine would be glowing with more redness than a sunburn worthy of mention in the "Guinness Book of World Records". 

Updates.....otherwise known as technology improvements?  Who couldn't use those - on a daily basis.  Just like the "Extreme Makeover" television series, I need an extreme makeover, starting with my studs.  I need new electrical wiring, less insulation, internal climate control, a new roof, definitely a smaller basement, and a better security system.  My shingles are wrinkling so new siding is in order.  My landscaping is due for an overhaul as well.  Plumbing?  Well, we won't even go there.  My pipes are rusty and my holding tank needs enlarging. 

Yes, we all could benefit from the same attentiveness "The Cloud" showers on our computers.  Wouldn't it feel great to go to bed every night, knowing that if we left ourselves plugged in, we'd be improved and updated by the time the morning sun rose?  I'm certain that I have set forth a life-changing idea, one that might be worthy of an award of some type.

No problem.  My new scanner/sensor's siren can sound off whenever I have an idea.  Blue for a good idea......green for idiocy.  Wanna guess what color will me emitted most often?

Ancora imparo