Thursday, December 30, 2010

Meet The Kriegs: Blitz and Bliss

I think every home has an Achilles Heel somewhere within it.  A room or a closet that is a continual albatross where organization either never reigns supreme or reigns for a time so short that one wonders if they imagined the organization. 

My albatross-room is a walk-in storage closet in the lower level of the condo.  I don't know if any closet is ever built big enough but this one is roomy and, in theory, should hold all of the excess junque that we (actually I) harbor.  Note my use of the word should.  Not more than four weeks ago, I gave the room a thorough once-over, rearranging this, throwing out that and tidying up everything.  Then came the projects of Christmas-card sending, gift wrapping and cookie baking and the room went from organizational blisskrieg to an organizational blitzkrieg. After three weeks of grabbing, searching, rooting, and then randomly tossing back in and shutting the door, the room is in a shambles. 

Even from behind the closed door, I can hear the mess calling to me to get in there and straighten things out.   I've been ignoring that voice because there have been so many other voices calling out to me that I've had to put them in some sort of voice-demanding order......not an easy task.  I thought I had a bye on closet cleaning because the two fluorescent light bulbs that illuminate the room both burned out last night.  (Too many Holly- Daze trips into the Hinter-Closet)  However, my faithful SO was right on top of the task of going out, purchasing replacement bulbs, and changing them.  Alas and alack, I no longer have any excuse for changing the blitzkrieg back into blisskrieg.   

There must be something else I can think of that needs attending to more than my albatross-room........

Ancora imparo