Friday, December 24, 2010

It's Time

I'm almost ready.  I've been listing for days, now, and I'm down to just two day's worth of lists of any appreciable content.  Yes, after so many days of listing, I am now walking at a forty-five degree angle from my waist.  This does make it problematic going through doorways or getting into and out of my vehicles.  Other than that, I'm handling the exaggerated list quite well.

One of my cherished, daily self-treats, is to plop down into my favorite chair, with newspaper and coffee in hand, and read through my local, daily published paper.  These daze, well over fifty percent of the paper is devoted to advertisements, sale flyers, and those annoying peel-off coupons that are placed on the paper's front page, usually directly over some highly important and pertinent information.  Those stick-and-peel coupons act as a red flag to me.  I never read what is printed on them.  Rather, I peel and pitch. 

As I'm seated in my favorite chair, if my blinds are open to the deck, I can see across the lawn towards my neighbor's condo and deck.  My Holly Daze ritual is to shuffle out to the sun room first thing each morning, before turning on my laptop, exercising or making coffee, and flip the switch to illuminate the Christmas tree.  At the end of the day, turning off the tree lights is usually my last task before turning in.  Because both of these acts take place when it is dark outside, I have a clear view of my neighbor's deck and into her sun room, where her Christmas tree stands. 

Seeing the lights of her tree is as if there is non-verbal communication between her and me and her tree and our tree.  Silly, right?  Maybe, but that is what I sense.  I find her tree lights to be calming, welcoming, friendly and reassuring.  Even from a distance, the message to me is, "I'm here, I'm home and I'm enjoying the same ambiance that you are."  In this, one of the last daze of Holly, I find that very comforting.  Maybe she feels the same way?

I'm ready.  It's time.  Tomorrow our little family flock will be a unit, even if only for a few days.  There will be no daze during that time.  Only laughter, love, food and the privilege to be together.  The Three Musketeers are coming! 

Merry CHRISTmas 

Ancora imparo