Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolute In My Goals

A few hours ago, Capt. Cook posed the question, "Do you have any resolutions for the new year?".  I responded that while I had not made any resolutions, I did have some goals.  At that point, I had not finalized any goals, but his query did make me think.  Shortly after that question, posed over a Mimosa and shrimp cocktail, he and I began a tutorial - at my request - on using my Google calendar.  After that session, we moved - at my request - to how to install bookmarks on my cell phone.  I had to bring that tutorial to an end because my brain had reached its saturation point, however long or short-lived, and it needed a respite so I washed dishes.......a brainless activity to be sure.  Composing this posting is akin to cleansing the palette with sherbet between dining courses. 

I have been able to identify some goals for the new year.  Some I will publicize and share with others, and other goals will remain kept within my psyche and soul.  Goals for me to know and others to find out - quoting an old phrase from high school.......when someone would ask a question that the "questionee" would not want to answer.  The "smarty" response would be, "That is for me to know and you to find out."  Ah, the days of high school when you could be a smart alec and no one would think a thing of it. 

A goal of necessity is to move completely away from my trusty Franklin planner and embrace my new phone, laptop and "cloud".  A year ago, if anyone would have suggested that I cease hauling around my Franklin planner, I would have been aghast at the thought.  Now I am ready and it is just a matter of entering all of the events and appointments already set up for 2012.  Once that rather overwhelming task is completed, entering appointments one at a time will be easy.  I love the way my phone and laptop now sync automatically.  I like my new "operating system"! 

This goal of becoming a "cloud enthusiast" encompasses other i-goals of mine, some of which will happen quickly and others will involve a longer learning curve.  I have had some very good help from Capt. Cook and the Three Musketeers' father.  Their patience, help, commiseration (when needed), and enormous time invested in me have inspired me to move into the next century, instead of being "left behind". 

I'm already planning the interment service for my Franklin planner. 

Ancora imparo