Monday, March 2, 2009

The Post Office Dudes

The dudes behind the 'desk' at my post office are the greatest in the United States. I was going to say 'world' but that would be inaccurate because our Postal Service is not world-wide.

There are three gentlemen that regularly alternate behind the counter at my Post Office. I only remember one name, Mark, but all three deserve the title "Employee of the Year".

These gentlemen are always helpful and consistently pleasant, even funny. One of them hums a mean tune, one whistles while he works, one of them is a die-hard Chicago Bears fan (a trait for which I will forgive him) and all three go above and beyond the code of superior service to all.

These men display work-related traits that should be studied and duplicated at every place of business that deals with customers and the public. Their attitudes tell me that their supervisor, which is probably the post master, is a decent person to work for. A boss that fosters a positive work environment and models what good service should be.

I used to have to take most of my postal business to another location. The employees at that location behaved as if they were inconvenienced by the presence of a customer. They seldom smiled, spoke curtly, and rarely, if ever, displayed an attitude of helpfulness. Completely the opposite of the little-community postal employees that I now take my business to.

Today, I salute my postal "dudes". Thank you!

Ancora imparo