Sunday, March 8, 2009

How To Eat A Sandwich Cookie

Our pastor demonstrated how to eat a famous-brand sandwich cookie this morning. From where I sat, in the back of the sanctuary, I could still see the joy on his face.

What is there about eating a cookie that almost automatically brings joy to a face?

Upon leaving church, I had to stop at my local pharmacy and, while in the drive-through, got stuck behind a car that never should have utilized that convenience. After the first five minutes of waiting, while my annoyance grew exponentially, I finally shut off my vehicle's engine, gathered my patience, and let my mind wander to cookies, specifically, how to eat a sandwich cookie.

While sitting in line, it occurred to me that eating a sandwich cookie could be analogous to tackling a life-dilemma:

1. Examine the dilemma
2. Firmly grasp the dilemma
3. Break the dilemma into parts
4. Find the center - usually the key part to any dilemma
5. Remove the center by chewing on it for as long as possible
6. Digest the central "issue"
7. Begin chewing on one of the outer layers, from the outside in
8. When one layer is finished, begin on the remaining layer. Same procedure.
9. If either layer is too hard, dip it into another substance (chocolate milk is preferable) to soften
10. When one dilemma has been conquered, attack another one.
11. Go for the entire bag!
12. Upon conclusion, exercise your body and mind, clearing a path that might prevent future dilemmas from
forming.
13. If you run out of dilemmas, remember that you are under no obligation to purchase more.
14. Wipe your mouth off, clean your hands, and thank God that you are free of dilemmas.

Now I must study my own formula for becoming dilemma-free. I bought too many bags of sandwich cookies.


Ancora imparo