Monday, December 26, 2011

Prim and Proper Need Not Read

This posting may be offensive to the prim and proper.


There is a television commercial currently running for a bathroom tissue (the brand escapes me now) where a woman says:  "It's time to get real about what happens in the bathroom."

Mothers who read this posting may remember the days when their children were young and there was little or no privacy anywhere when the children were awake.  (If young mothers read this posting, they will be able to identify with current-day experiences.)  If you were out shopping with young children, male or female, you always took them into the bathroom stall with you because you feared that child-snatchers were lurking in every corner.  Most bathroom stalls are quite small and I can remember "going potty" with both of my little kids crammed into the stall with me.  To this day, I laugh hard - to myself - when I am next to a stall where the mother has a child or children with her.  The conversations that take place are priceless.

These days, my bathroom privacy is quite constant unless my granddaughter is visiting.  We are often doing things together and if I have to leave the room, I'll say to her, "Grandma has to go potty.  I'll be right back."  Inevitably, seconds into my "leave of absence", the bathroom door will open and Princess Leia will come in.  She has told me that I "go just like April (her best friend - not her real name)" and she always pulls off toilet paper and hands it to me, saying "I help."  I always tell her thank you, never wanting her to feel self-conscious about being helpful, when I can hardly keep a straight face, I'm laughing so hard inside.

Yes, bathroom "leaves of absence" with children are always memorable.  Rest assured that my grandsons do not follow me into the bathroom.  I guess, even at an early age, they recognize the need for Grandma's privacy and little girls must recognize that it is OK.  I don't know how God accomplishes this but He does.

This now ends my lavatory lecture.

Merry Day-After Christmas. 

I hope you were not offended.

Ancora impottyaro