Sunday, December 18, 2011

I Am No Meterologist...... Nevertheless

I have been thinking about going "back to school".  No, not in the classroom as a teacher (although I must admit that thought crosses my mind, from time to time) but in the classroom as a student. 

In my "perfect" world, I would live in a university town that was one hour away from The Three Musketeers and their parents, one hour away from my favorite eldest child, one hour away from the waters of Lake Michigan and the Bay of Green Bay and I would have a dog......or two.  As a resident of this mythic university town, centrally located to everything I hold near and dear, I would live in an area that gave me quick access to the university's campus, hence being able to matriculate, study, stretch my brain, and widen my horizons.  Many universities offer what they refer to as "grandparents' university" where you and your grandchild can live in a dorm setting, for a few days, and "take" classes together.  (Another dream in my perfect world.)

It is becoming clearer and clearer that my next degree needs to be in meteorology.  Not the weather kind but the "cloud" kind that would enable me to understand and grasp the nature of and conquer the mysteries of "the cloud".

I am ready to embrace "the cloud".  I see its benefits and I see the necessity of its existence in this uber-connected world we live in.  Yes, I see all that but my starship has not quite arrived at the cloud - yet.  Instead of being on the Starship, Enterprise, with the good Captain Kirk, it is as if I am stuck on the "Good Ship Lollipop" with Shirley Temple.

My current electronic set-up, pre-iPhone 4S (hint, hint) is that I am a resident of the Bermuda Triangle of the internet, with some weird triangular connection between my laptop (Outlook), my kind-of smart phone and my internet provider.  For the life of me, I cannot remember when I delete an email once place, what is supposed to happen to it in another place, or what I am supposed to do with two of the three "legs" of my triangle.  I feel for my personal Captain "Kirk", aka Captain Cook, because I am quite certain he is growing tired of my continual questions regarding my Bermuda Triangle.  So certain am I of this that I am considering my next degree to be in Meteorology.

It is either meteorology or dog training, neither of which is my strong suit. 

Ancora imparo