Friday, December 30, 2011

The Physics Of Cold Prevention

It seems to me, in the tiny storage locker of my brain that houses scientific and mathematical information, that once upon a time I heard and read that for every action there is a reaction.  Since I have gone on public record as not agreeing with Robert's Rules of The Order Of Operations, I reasoned that I could extrapolate my own definition of a physics law.

Here is my First Mutilated Physics Law For every cold symptom that appears, there is a substance that will make it disappear.  I'm not talking about over-the-counter products nor am I referring to the "spirit"-type liquids that Grandpa and Grandma only took "for medicinal purposes".  Rather, I am determined to drown my cold symptoms.

So far, today, I've downed herbal red tea from Africa, probably at least sixty ounces of water, an entire can of chicken noodle soup (watered down to get as much broth as possible), a little coffee, and now I am working on a sixteen ounce mug of hot lemonade made with fresh lemon and Truvia as a sweetener. I have already announced to Capt. Cook that I will not be cooking tonight, but will, instead, be eating some split-pea soup that I had frozen.  He can finish up the pork roast, red potato and horseradish sauce from our Christmas Day dinner.  I am sticking with anything warm that diminishes the scratchy sensation in my throat.  There is a can of tomato soup and about a dozen small cans of tomato juice on reserve in the event that I cannot find the liquid that makes these symptoms go away.

I do see a downside to the liquid-therapy regimen I have put myself on.  That downside should be quite obvious.  In fact, drinking all of these liquids simply reinforces the real physics law of "for every action there is a reaction and causes me to contemplate yet another Mutilated Physics Law, my second law:  What goes in must come out.

I think it's gonna be a long night.

I will lick this.......I will lick this.......I will lick this......before going out tomorrow night.

Any wagers on my success? 

Ancora imparo