Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Confliction Personified

"OMG", I would tweet, if I tweeted, which I do not.  Could the world just pick some lanes and stick with them?  I feel as if I have situational whiplash.  Consider the following dilemmas:

Is Kate Middleton pregnant or not?  Besides the movie, "War Horse", the Brits are consumed with the Duchess of Cambridge's state of possible "Mommyhood".  The tabloids and other, more (questionably) reputable media are having a bipolar experience with this topic.  "Yes!" one minute and "No", the next.

Our national politicians are also adding to my confliction with their own bifurcation toward agreeing on ANYTHING.  There is no "reaching" across the aisle, only accusatory pointing across the aisle.  Let's give them all the boot in November of 2012 and start from scratch.

NPR gave food for fodder (pun intended) on two recent segments.  One was regarding deception and fraud in the olive oil industry.  Say it ain't so, please.  Rachel Ray finally has convinced the American public that EVO is a must-have staple in the kitchen and now we learn that what you think is EVO, from the label, may be sub-standard at best.

NPR's second segment came from an interview with food expert and cook, Nigella Lawson, who says that we should keep Christmas food simple and that we should focus on experiences rather than complicated foods.  She then proceeded to present savory and tasty-looking dishes that look pretty complicated to me.  On the flip side, Emeril Lagasse is hard to miss during the Holly Daze.  He is all over the airwaves, demonstrating his flawless and elegant techniques from the oven to the table.  Simple, putzy....what's a cook to choose?

Lastly, I am still not certain which computer applications require one click or two.  This conundrum will haunt me until I breathe my last breath, I'm certain.  My hesitation with this choice is heightened when Capt. Cook is hovering over my left shoulder and I become rattled with my keystrokes and thumb clicks.  As I told him last night, my solution is to always click twice.  Even if only one click is necessary, two gets the job done, whereas if two were necessary and I only clicked once, then I have to re-do the entire operation.

Fortunately, the issue of whether or not Santa Claus exists is not a complicated, nor conflicting one.  I like the way the parents of the Three Musketeers explain Santa Claus to their children.  "We believe in the legend of Santa Claus."

I do, too.  Believing in the legend of Santa Claus makes all of my other conflictions irrelevant and meaningless.

Happy Holly Daze

Ancora imparo