Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Questions

When is nine inches not nine inches?

Well, when the graham cracker crust maker (Keebler) measures its nine inches from the very inside edge, not the outer edges. 

Why is this question of importance?

Because I followed the recipe from Kraft's cream cheese box and it says one recipe fills a nine-inch graham cracker crust.  I had two crusts so I made two batches of cream cheese filling.  Eight boxes of cream cheese, eight eggs, etc. etc. etc.  I have enough cream cheese filling for four to five graham cracker crusts.  So, I filled eight ramekins with the extra cream cheese filling.  I have no idea who is going to eat all of this. 

Is your over-abundance of filling related only to cream cheese filling?

Unfortunately, no.  I also had one small gluten-free pie crust that I wanted to use and, unfortunately, no other pie crusts on hand.  I made the recipe on the can of pure-pumpkin pie filling and had lots of leftover pie filling.  The extra pie filling went into three large ramekins, which baked very nicely.  Now I have two cheesecakes, one gluten-free pie shell pumpkin pie and eleven ramekins. 

What are you going to do with all of this extra dessert food?

The weather is quite mild where I live.  I was thinking of setting up a table outside and selling my extra fillings for $.25 a piece.  I could at least cover the cost of the four teaspoons of lemon juice that went into the cream cheese filling.  It is that or else I go door-to-door looking for eleven people who would like a tasty treat on Christmas eve.


Will you be posting a blog tomorrow, Christmas Day?

No.  I will be playing with the Three Musketeers, enjoying the company of their parents and my favorite oldest daughter, opening gifts - some silly and some serious, eating cinnamon rolls and drinking really good coffee, celebrating the birth of Jesus, and trying to figure out what to do with all the ramekins filled with extra filling.  

Will you compose a post on Monday, December 26th?  


If I can walk and if I am out of my food coma.

Any last words tonight?

Yes.  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. 

Ancora imparo