Saturday, August 7, 2010

Reversal of Situation

Yesterday's blog was a whiny one about having nothing that (I could or should eat) I was interested in consuming. I freely admit I was whining when I wrote that blog. After finishing the blog I chose gluten-free crackers - made from mostly air - with some peanut butter and dried cranberries. The coffee was the deal-sealer. Doesn't most everything go better with coffee?

Today is a total turn-around. Capt. SO wanted to do what was supposed to be a quick wash job on the Aqua RV. It had been spotless but there were dozens of colonies of tiny bugs that descended on her over night and she wasn't spotless this morning. Thus, the quick wash job turned into an almost two-hour cleaning session. I schlepped over to the farmers' market and am happy to announce that, temporarily at least, my food disinterest is gone.

The tiny galley's counters are covered with farm-fresh cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, ears of sweet corn, baby beets and, the coup de grace - tomatoes. As soon as I returned to the Aqua RV, I quickly tore open the plastic bag containing the tomatoes, found the juiciest one possible, grabbed my salt shaker and went to the sink where I savored each and every morsel of that splendid tomato.

Can a tomato be described as splendid? Absolutely! I only purchased five because I knew that I was reaching my weight-carrying limit, but those five tomatoes will be lucky to last the day. After all, there are only four at this writing. So........there will be another walk to the market yet this a.m. to buy more tomatoes.

I am now in food nirvana. Can there be such a place?

Oh, I forgot to mention that, somehow, a fresh peach pie ended up with my purchases. I don't know how this happened.

Ancora imparo