Saturday, August 14, 2010

Consistent Inconsistency

I suspect there are many things I do in my life and I should give up but are just too tasty, or fun. My body speaks to me, more and more, when something I eat is something I should not have eaten. I should remember that for every tasty bite of some food that is verboten, I will live to regret the choice......sooner than later.

Last night, for instance, we went out to eat with another couple who have an Aqua RV near ours. The meal was excellent - superbly seasoned pan-fried walleye. Not too much breading and seemingly not too much oil used in its preparation. Also included was a piece of dark rye bread and onion slices, one of my weaknesses. Apparently, some people like to make a fish sandwich with the bread, onion and walleye fillets. I just like the bread and onion......but my body does not.

I paid for this dietary indiscretion later.

I selected sweet potato fries which were tasty and not very greasy at all.......or so I thought.

I paid for this dietary indiscretion later.

Capt. SO and I had a great time with this other couple. We discovered we have some mutual acquaintances from our Green Bay, Wisconsin days and they both have a quick sense of humor so the conversation flowed easily, with lots of laughter. The restaurant was busy and we cleared out table as quickly as we could, not wanting to tie up the table for the waitress' sake.

We headed back to the marina, stood outside a bit while we chatted more, then headed in to our respective Aqua RV's. I should have walked about for a bit, just to let the food settle, but I was lulled into a fall sense of gastronomic security.

I paid for this later.

I learn the hard way.......over and over and over. As a former college band director would say to someone who made a mistake: "You are very consistent in your inconsistency!"

Ancora imparo