Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sunny Days and Tuesdays

I know I will regret this question, because it will date me so badly.....

Do you remember Richard and Karen Carpenter, aka 'The Carpenters'? The brother and sister duo had a hit entitled, "Rainy Days and Mondays". Each verse ended with the line, "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down." Karen Carpenter's soothing and velvety voice was perfect for the lyrics.

Just like everyone else, I could live without Mondays. I'm not fond of Mondays but without them, we'd never get to Wednesday, the middle of the week, and, from there, we'd never experience the rush and thrill of Fridays.

Today, Tuesday, is a gorgeous and cool sunny day. It shows zero evidence of the rain that fell yesterday, on Monday. The only connection to Monday that this day exhibits is that its name is Tuesday and it automatically follows Monday.

For all its brilliance, this day has had its bumps. A flat tire on Baby, discovered this morning and the tires are only three months old! The tire-repair person said it was a slice, through and through, on the sidewall. That, coupled with the ugly sound that a spring just started making on the passenger side rear does not bode well for her. This feels more like a rainy Monday scenario to me than a sunny Tuesday. To add insult to injury, I didn't get my java until well after 2 p.m. today. What's with that?

I think that the next day, Wednesday, should be known as Wild and Woolly Wednesdays - a day when I get to do anything I want, whenever I want, and however I want.

That is not likely going to happen, but, if it does, you'll be the first to know.

Ancora imparo