Sunday, June 27, 2010

Possessed and Obsessed: The Same?

OK, I just spent time I didn't have, as if I had all the time in the world, with nothing better to do than go online looking at all the music playlists used on the CBS series, Cold Case.

I'm disgusted with myself for using my time poorly, although I could argue that dinner was baking in the oven while I was online but.......there were about one dozen other tasks I could have tackled. Secondly, I'm amazed that if you Google 'music used on Cold Case', you actually get a hit that takes you to a site that lists all of the music used in seasons one through six AND much of it is available on i-tunes. This tells me that there are way too many people, just like me, with nothing better to do than research dumb stuff like this.

Thirdly, although I've not tried this one, I'd be willing to wager that if I Google 'researching dumb stuff', I'll find links to help me do just that.

What is my brain becoming? Is this a sign of true inquisitiveness or just a sign that I need to get a life.........or both? The Sunday newspaper that I 'simply had to drive to purchase' this morning, although it was pouring rain, is still sitting on the counter, patiently waiting for my brain to decide it needs more food than what Google can provide.

I should give myself a little credit, though. I've orchestrated an early-morning run to a recycling center to properly dispose of recyclables that have piled up in our absence from home, I made a great omelet for breakfast, I've completed three loads of laundry, I've baked gluten-free brownies, mixed up a batch of biscoti to take up north, made fresh hummus, toasted three batches of almonds, made salmon patties for dinner, fished out a stuck tooth pick from the garbage disposal, stocked up Kitty's food for the next two weeks, and brushed Cranky Kitty......so I haven't exactly been idle with my feet propped up, eating bon bons. But, come on, Googling music played on Cold Case?

Wait, wait.....I feel another Google search coming on. This must mean that I'm either possessed, obsessed, or both. Are they the same?

Ancora imparo