Thursday, October 8, 2009

Please Be Gentle

Please forgive me if my memory is not what it used to be.

I know it is not because half of the time, I cannot remember what I couldn't remember. The other half I am quick to retrieve useless information from my brain at a nano-second's notice. Does this make any sense to you?

At the moment, my desk is cluttered with newspaper/magazine articles that I cut out because there was some morsel of information that I thought might be useful. No matter that the need for that information may not come for ten to twenty years. My brain identified the nugget of information and I followed through on that thought by removing the paper from its original place. Now I have all of these papers, some big and some very small, spread about my workspace, begging to have their contents retrieved and catalogued.

I know if I begin sorting through these scraps of paper there will be some where the original reason for saving the paper will escape me, perhaps for eternity. Those will get 'deep-sixed', going to the paper recycling heaven. The other slips/scraps will become dutifully logged, perhaps in my Outlook task file, (that my SO shakes his head at each unnecessary time he sits at my computer), waiting to be useful one day. (That's the paper, not my SO.)

I wonder what will become hopelessly full first? My brain, my desk, or my paper recycling container.........worse yet, all three! I can see my afternoon task........clearing synapses, spaces, and places.

If I repeat this posting tomorrow, please be gentle when you tell me.

Ancora imparo