Sunday, October 11, 2009

All In One Weekend?

This has been a weekend of contrasts.

Snuggling with two beloved grandchildren has been a highlight.

TLV is bright and conversational, cuddly and independent, goofy and sweet, smart and deliberately clueless, quiet and able to move at the speed of light. Sometimes all at once! His most endearing trait is that he loves the cookies that I bake. That is one way to be sure to have a life-time supply of cookies, young man!

His sister, TLVLS, gave the Olympic performance of her life - all two-and-one-half-months of it. She decided this was the weekend she'd delight her audiences with the feat of flipping from her back to her tummy. She attempted the feat dozens of times with a fierce determination. Once she accomplished her goal, she immediately let those around her know that it was time to return to her back. Placed on her back, she began the entire process again. It was, for her and us, like the movie, Groundhog's Day. Repetition, repetition, repetition or etc., etc., etc. Fun and amazing to watch.

My SO and I were also able to enjoy the company of TLV's and TLVLS's parents as well. They are the sort of individuals that you love to see come and hate to see go - as opposed to those whom you dread to see arrive and when they leave you breathe a sigh of relief.

I heard an amazing concert from a woman that I am very close to. She reminds me of Beethoven, reincarnated. I was in awe of her performance.

Another woman that I am very close to took a serious tumble this past weekend and now her family is, understandably, quite concerned. That is how families behave when one of their own is injured or puts him or herself in jeopardy somehow.

'Nuf said. I'm ready to face the week ahead. May you be, too.

Ancora imparo