Monday, April 9, 2012

Silly, Simply Silly

I awoke today with fried brains sloshing about in my skull.  Yes, I have had to utter coherent thoughts already and I have had to compose seemingly intelligent responses to received emails but underneath the facade of "with-it-ness" is a smoldering mass of gray matter that might as well have posted a sign that says, "On Vacation." 

In an effort to reassemble my brains into some shape resembling basic cognizance, I realized how important it would be to draft a blog posting - that just the exercise of forming complete sentences, typing accurately spelled words strung together in some cogent line resembling a thought - would be vital if I was to achieve any sense of accomplishment during the next twelve to fourteen hours.

I mechanically turned on my laptop, pressed all of the correct keys to get to blogger.com, pulled up the "compose" page and then sat and stared at the screen, desperately willing a topic to come to mind - actually willing any thought to come to mind other than the blank screen.  What popped into my head was a kernel from a Facebook friend's post on Saturday.  She posed the question:  "What is the oldest question in the universe?"  I shall now attempt to answer her query.  My apologies to anyone with working intelligence reading this today.

"Would you like that super-sized?"  (This is the one I posted earlier on her website.)
"Hey, Eve, did you see that apple tree over there?"
"Do these jeans make my butt look big?" 
"How do you like my new haircut?"
"Why did John McCain ask Sarah Palin to be his running mate?"
Henry the VIII:  "Will you marry me?"
Captain John Smythe to friends:  "Would you like to take a boat ride?"
"Where's the beef?"
Sir Isaac Newton:  "What will happen if I throw this apple into the air?"
"What could possibly happen if I go swimming with my white t-shirt on?"
"Hey, Dad, can I borrow the keys to the car?"
"Hey buddy, can you spare a dime?"
"Can you hear me now?"
"Is anyone out there listening?"

Ancora imparo