Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Is It Bedtime Yet?

God has been carrying me around of the winds of chance today.  That is, I've nodded off every chance I could when my body has sat stationery for more than thirty seconds.  I'm not quite certain where my bone-numbing weariness has come from, although several consecutive nights of too-little sleep are the most likely culprits.  "Late to bed and early to rise." is not quite what Benjamin Franklin had in mind.  People who get too-little sleep know they are sleep deprived when they arise in the morning and are thinking about their bathrobes before mid-day.

Some individuals do just fine with four-to-five hours of shut-eye a night.  I am not one of them.  Oh, I can muster the energy to plow through several days in a row with limited sleep but the sleepy faeries always catch up with me.  I've become adept at looking cognizant when I'm really unconscious beneath my skin. 

My solution to fighting fatigue is to simply not remain in one position for more than sixty seconds.  Consequently I must appear to have the worst case of Hyperactive Disorder ever.  You know your sleep deprivation is bad when you are left alone in a doctor's examination room, the nurse hands you one of those ridiculous gowns that tie in the back and barely cover your back, says, "The doctor will be right with you." and you nod off the minute she leaves the room.  I'm convinced those examination room as kept as cold as humanely (oops, I meant humanly) possible in order to keep patients awake and alert. 

Even typing holds a challenge for the tired.  If the thoughts do not come rapid-fire from my brain and translate into ferocious typing speeds, I find my eyes closing and my thoughts trailing off somewhere into those puffy clouds depicted in children's books that describe heaven.  It is fortunate that my meeting originally scheduled for tonight was held this afternoon, although the meeting venue was overly warm and you know what happens to most everyone in a room where the thermostat needs to be lowered about ten degrees. 

Fortunately, I have become adept at looking cognizant when I'm really unconscious beneath the skin. 

And now, I'm realizing it is time to close this posting because the thoughts from my brain are no longer translating into rapidly moving typing patterns.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Ancoma imparo