Monday, June 20, 2011

Fateful Find

I wasn't looking for "love" in all the wrong places.  I wasn't looking for trouble and I wasn't looking to purchase articles of clothing.  I simply went into the department store because I needed one item of cosmetics that this store carries.  I wasn't even planning on using one of my precious and coveted one-day shopping passes that are not easy to come by.  My reasoning for paying full price for the cosmetics was that the fifteen percent I'd save on the cosmetics, with the one-day pass, just wasn't warranted because I can walk to this department store, whereas at home I'd have to drive, in which case, the gas used would wipe out the fifteen-percent savings.

Capice?

So, into the department store I went.  My intention was to head directly to the cosmetics counter but the shoe sale caught my eye.  I wandered about in the shoe department for a bit, found no great bargains, but all the sale signs throughout the store enticed me to head to a particular clothing department, just to "see" what was on sale.

There were racks and racks of clothing set aside on sale during the "yellow-dot" sales event for end-of-season clothing.  Mind you, the summer doesn't begin until tomorrow but much of the summer clothing is on sale now, at deeply discounted prices.

Capice?

I sorted through one sales rack, idly sliding the hangers past me and......Voila!  There hung a little black dress, or, in the fashion world known as a LBD.  A LBD, in my size, a style that caught my eye, a fabric that won't wrinkle and will travel well, a fabric that doesn't itch and will be just perfect in hot weather.  I thought this might be fashion love but I wasn't certain until I tried the dress on and it was truly love at first sight!  Grabbing the dress, I headed back to the shoe department, hoping to find a pair of dressy black sandals to complete my "love-at-first-sight" find but to no avail.

I did use a one-day shopping pass and purchased my LBD for next-to-nothing.   Even Capt. SO would think this was a great deal.

It was a fateful find.  Capice?

Ancora imparo