Sunday, June 12, 2011

Clonable Weather

I know that "clonable" is probably not a word - yet.  Just give it some time and a nudge from internet aficionados and it may very well become a word, both in the Urban Dictionary and in the official Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, Twelveth Edition. 


How it gains acceptance remains to be seen.  Cloning or to be cloned first gained notoriety and attention with Dolly, the sheep.  Since the Age of Dolly, I've lost track of what other animals have been cloned.  I do note that I hear the word freely bandied about in conjunction with off-the-cuff remarks such as, "I'd like to clone him!", or "I'd love to clone this recipe!", or "I wish we could clone this weather!", a remark I heard just this morning. 

As I wrote not too long ago, I'm finding that I really like the weather of only about four months of the year:  April, May, October and November.  The rest of the months could be described within the pages of the children's book, "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" - too hot or too cold. But today's weather?  Glorious, simply glorious.

Mother Nature couldn't have concocted a more perfect cocktail for weather than she did today.  Moderate temperatures, gentle sunlight, zero rain (here, at least) and low-to-non-existent humidity have been the hallmarks of the meteorological landscape for the greater part of today.  Usually I am railing against Mother Nature and her Quixotic and mercurial temper tantrums.  She must have had a good night's sleep and awakened on the "right" side of her bed because she has outdone herself for at least ten hours in a row!

Here in the mid-west, we have a saying, "If you don't like the weather, wait twelve hours."  Please, please, M.N, let us keep this weather pattern a bit longer.  You can share your good mood and no one will ever know. 

I won't tell......will you?

Ancora imparo